July 5, 2012
Gov. Nixon signs several bills into law, including omnibus higher education bill
JEFFERSON CITY - Gov. Jay Nixon today signed into law several bills, including an omnibus higher education bill, Senate Bill 563. Among the sections of Senate Bill 563 is a provision that requires legislative approval of certain specialty license plates.
In addition, the Governor also signed the following bills into law:
- Senate Bill 562, which deals with state university property transfers;
- Senate Bill 595, which deals with the administration of special education due process hearings;
- House Bill 1094, which deals with electronic payments;
- House Bill 1131, which deals with information on withholding forms;
- House Bill 1188, which deals with the administration of asthma medicine by school nurses;
- House Bill 1318, which deals with mental health;
- House Bill 1462, which deals with biodiesel; and
- House Bill 1818, which deals with property taxes.